Our goal is to make sure that Estonia is a good and safe place to live in.
The Ministry of the Interior, and its area of government constitute the largest public sector organisation in Estonia employing altogether a staff of over 8000.
Main tasks of the ministry:
- Ensuring public order and internal security.
- Regulating crisis management and rescue works.
- Guarding and protecting the state border and assuring the border regime.
- Coordinating citizenship and migration issues.
- Coordinating issues concerning population and vital statistics.
- Supporting the development of civil society, as well as volunteerism and religious associations.