State and local government agencies and legal or natural persons have the right to access information in the population register for the performance of public duties. Public duties are the duties conferred on state or local government agencies or legal or natural persons to be fulfilled according to an act or another type of legislation drafted in accordance with an act.
In order to gain access to the data in the population register for the performance of public duties, the applicant must file an application in the data processing information system of the population register, which must contain the following information:
- if the applicant is a legal person, the name of the legal person and the given name and surname of the person authorized to receive the data;
- if the applicant is a natural person, the given name and surname and personal identification code;
- the justified purpose, time and manner of using the data;
- the composition of the requested data;
- the method of access requested and, where necessary, the amount of the requested data;
- a confirmation that the data received will only be used for the purpose, during the time and in the manner requested.